A tooth extraction is a dental health procedure often used to remove damaged or broken teeth. However, you should take heed that your smile will need to be prepared for the surgery, as well as the recovery after the surgery.
Be prepared for post-extraction treatment times following the procedure. Here are some things you should know about recovering from a tooth extraction:
– Although facial swelling can take place after a tooth extraction, ice packs and medications from your dentist can be used to help minimize the inflammation.
– Your dentist has plenty of helpful techniques for patients healing from tooth extraction that you can make use of.
– Your dentist is accessible after your treatment phase should you need them for any reason regarding your recovery.
– Rest is vital after any surgery, and tooth extractions are no different, no matter how small the affected area may seem.
– To evade choking risks, do not drink or eat any meals until the anesthesia has worn off.
– Never go beyond the suggested dosage of medications given by your dentist.
If you would like to speak with Dr. James Kinsel and our team about tooth extractions, please schedule an appointment at our dentist office of Clear Lake Dental in Clearlake, California, by calling 707-994-9414. Let us help you find your healthy smile!