It is essential to brush your teeth every day. If you neglect to brush, you could be setting yourself up for gum disease, tooth loss, and even bone loss in your jaw. Keeping a healthy smile is essential to your oral health. To help you understand more about brushing and how to do it correctly, our dentist, Dr. James Kinsel with Clear Lake Dental in Clearlake, California, is happy to provide you with this insight.
Here are some tips to brushing your teeth correctly:
– Generally, you should be brushing between your teeth twice daily.
– If your brush cannot stay clean and has been contaminated with germs, it should be replaced. Brushes wear out every three to five months so replace it during this time.
– Brush your teeth at a 45-degree angle. However, front teeth will need to be brushed vertically.
– Make sure no one else has access to your toothbrush. This is important to avoid contamination.
– If you do not have a tongue scraper, you can clean your tongue with a toothbrush.
– Brushing too hard can damage your tooth enamel. Always use brush gently with soft bristles.
By bushing your teeth each day, you are giving yourself positive oral health and helping to keep your teeth strong and healthy enough to last a lifetime. If you have questions about your teeth, please feel free to contact us at 707-994-9414 today. Our team is always happy to take your call and address your smile.