Due to the risks associated with oral cancer, it is important to create a checklist that you review each day to determine if there are any signs of oral cancer present in your mouth. Small, daily checks for oral cancer symptoms could be vital for saving your mouth and your life. During your daily inspections, keep an eye out for any of the following symptoms:
- Look for visual indications of sores or pus that persist for a period of longer than 2 weeks.
- If you routinely bleed from your mouth or regularly notice blood while eating or brushing your teeth, it could be a sign of oral cancer.
- If you ever experience any difficulties chewing or swallowing food, visit our dentists for an oral cancer screening.
- If you routinely or chronically suffer from a sore throat, have ear pain, or an increased sensitivity or loss of feeling in your facial areas, it could be a sign of oral cancer.
- Most forms of cancer, including throat cancer, produce dramatic weight loss.
- If you have inflammation in your mouth that is accompanied by lumps, bumps or any rough patches, it could be a sign of oral cancer.
If you would like to receive an oral cancer screening from our team at Clear Lake Dental & Associates, please book an appointment with our dentists in Clearlake, California. You can set up your appointment by calling 707-994-9414. Dr. James Kinsel and our team are here to care for you.