Protect your teeth from the dangers of cavities. Sugars are often considered harmful to our teeth, but for reasons you may not know. Bacteria plays as much of a role in tooth decay as sugars do. The bacteria in plaque buildup in your mouth can convert sugars into harmful acids that can eat through our precious tooth enamel.
Protect yourself from cavities. Here are some helpful tips you can use:
– Try to avoid varieties of snacks and candies that are high in sugar and difficult to clean from your teeth and gums.
– Don’t be afraid to implement supplementary daily oral health care habits into your routine, such as using mouthwash and wearing safety equipment.
– Always brush twice every day with ADA-approved toothpaste, and use a toothbrush that has soft bristles.
– Studies have shown that chewing sugarless gum after meals can help shield your teeth against cavities.
– Visit Clear Lake Dental during your scheduled visits for oral exams and professional cleanings.
– Eat healthy and whole foods, and avoid snacking between meals.
– Floss your teeth at least once per day with high quality dental floss or a dentist-approved dental flossing tool.
If you are looking to enhance or upgrade your smile, please schedule an appointment with Dr. James Kinsel at our office in Clearlake, California. We can be reached via phone at 707-994-9414. We strive to give you the shine and color your smile desires.